Do you have fears and insecurities that hold you back from the life you envision? No? OK, well we’ll see you next week… But really: this topic gets to the heart of why so many real estate investors quit, fail, or never even get started at all.
Today’s guest, Lewis Howes, has been studying these concepts for the past 13 years as host of the hit podcast School of Greatness . It all started as an effort to climb out of a major low point in Lewis’ life, when he was broke and sleeping on his sister’s couch… having crashed out of a brief arena football career.
In this episode, you’ll learn how Lewis learned to hack his self-limiting beliefs by systematically putting himself in situations (Toastmasters, salsa dancing, public speaking) that utterly terrified him. And he shares some practical exercises you can do to achieve greater confidence and self-mastery.
Plus — as a LinkedIn expert with a far-reaching network of connections, Lewis also opens up about how to effectively network on social media and elsewhere.
Don’t miss this weekend episode of the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast, and give Lewis a shout on social media you take him up on his challenge to write a mission statement for your life!
As always: if you’re enjoying these shows, the best way to show your appreciation is to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. It really helps us out!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Climbing out of a hole when he had no money and no marketable skills
- Overcoming fear of public speaking
- Two practical exercises to confront your biggest fears
- The clarifying power of writing a personal mission statement
- The LinkedIn message formula Lewis used when reaching out to powerful people
- Choosing a niche, then a sub-niche
- The 3 magic words that multiply your chances of getting a deal or upgrade
- The one common trait shared by all the top performers he’s interviewed
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- USA Men’s National Team
- Ellen’s Show
- The Today’s Show
- Rookie of the Year
- Lewis’s Interview on Jay Shetty’s Show On Purpose
- Dave Ramsey
- Grant Cardone on Multifamily Investing and Why You Should Never Buy a House!
- BiggerPockets Podcast 403: Developing a Millionaire’s Mindset and Overcoming Limiting Beliefs with Performance Coach Jason Drees
- Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar
- Kevin Hart on His Secrets to Success and Building an Empire
- Rob Bell
- Real Estate in Your Twenties
- BiggerPockets Podcast 365: Ret. Navy SEAL Jocko Willink on Embracing Discomfort and Leading Through Extreme Ownership (+ His Real Estate Investing Tips!)
- BiggerPockets Podcast 157: A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
- BiggerPockets Podcast 254: Tim Ferriss on Real Estate, Becoming a Top Performer and His Tribe of Mentors
- Gary Vaynerchuk on Finding Deals Through Social Media & Crushing It as an Entrepreneur
Click here to check the full show notes: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show405