On today’s show: the massive impact of just a few flips and a few small multifamily rental properties.
Starting in 2017, that combination allowed our guest Megan Greathouse to step aside from her W-2 job (her husband still works) and spend much more time with her two young kids… all while dedicating just 5 hours per month to self-managing her portfolio in St. Louis.
Want to know how she did it? Megan spells it all out in this episode and provides the exact tools and templates she uses to maximize her efficiency—enabling her business to serve her and allowing more time for what really matters.
Give Megan a follow, and share this episode with a friend, partner, spouse, or family member who you think might enjoy it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Starting out with a fourplex
- Investing with a full-time job and kids
- The P.R.O.P. system for property management
- How Megan and her husband use the “2 in 5 Rule” to avoid capital gains taxes
- How she uses real estate to create time freedom and hang out more with her kids
- Flipping an old house near Washington University in St. Louis
- A BRRRR “fail” (contractor issues) that turned out OK
- Lessons she learned in the military
- The key to avoiding analysis paralysis: “Get to 80% and go!”
- Buying a 60-acre farm outside the city
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- Landlord Advisory Panel
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Magazine
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast
- BiggerPockets Guide in Finding Agents
- BiggerPockets Books
- BiggerPockets Webinars
- BiggerPockets Podcast 100: The 1st Deal, Management Drama, and the Birth of BiggerPockets with Joshua Dorkin
- Open Door Capital LLC
- Ryan’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Boomerang for Gmail
- Seth Mosley’s Music and Money Group
- Brandon’s Instagram
- BiggerPockets Shirt
- Scott Trench
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show387