Would your life be positively impacted by owning over 400 rental units? What if you could get there in under four years? On today’s show, we interview BiggerPockets contributor Sterling White, who has managed to do just that! Sterling shares how he started his entrepreneurial journey selling Pokemon cards and eventually worked his way up to owning over 150 single family properties (and several multifamilies as well). He also shares how he finds 90-100% of his properties OFF MARKET using a five-step system for finding and closing on them (so simple anyone can do it), as well as the script he uses when speaking directly to sellers. You don’t want to miss his powerful secret for building rapport with potential leads (by sending a specific puzzle to them in the mail) and how he raises money to close on these properties. If you want to scale your business and want the blueprint for how to do it, don’t miss this powerful episode!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Sterling got into real estate, working for free just to learn
- Negotiating equity: What is it?
- Why you possibly shouldn’t go the wholesaling route
- The benefit of focusing on your strengths
- How to work with your family and friends and branching out from there
- How he finds deals—cold calls mixed with direct mail
- Why he sends Rubik’s cubes to prospects
- Tips for creating a network of investors by building a funnel
- What his team looks like
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show:
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Calculators
- BiggerPockets Events
- Better Business Bureau
- BiggerPockets Blog
- BiggerPockets Facebook Profile
- BiggerPockets Podcast 061: How to Succeed in Multifamily Investing – A Unique Conversation with Josh, Brandon, and Ben
- BiggerPockets Podcast 170: The Journey From Flipping Houses to Owning 1,470 Units with Andrew Cushman
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- Brandon’s Instagram
- David’s Instagram